Tuesday, October 28

The kids found a dog

On Sunday I was enjoying a little nap while Maddy and Isaac were playing in the backyard. Suddenly they open the back door and said, "Hey there's a puppy in our yard." I was a rude awakening since I noticed that Maddy was holding it in her arms so I had to get up. Sure enough there was this cute dog playing with my kids. It was a shitzu (hopefully I spelled it right, yes you know why) but it was shaved so it wasn't all shaggy. It played and behaved well so I thought this dog has an owner somewhere. For the next 3 hours at least the kids all ran back and forth and threw a stick for it. It gets cold at night so we felt bad just leaving it outside. So the dog, which we were calling it Rufus but before that the kids were calling it Skeleton I guess to keep in the spirit of Halloween, stayed in the garage with a little bed of an old blanket in a box. We borrowed some dog food and gave it a water bowl. In the morning the kids with the help of Sarah Johnson tried knocking on doors to see if they could find the owner. It wasn't successful. Finally I decided to take it to a vet in Tooele to have it scanned for a chip. On my way as I went up Village Blvd. at the four way stop I noticed a sign for a lost dog that looked just like the one in the back of my truck. So we called the numbers on the flyer and the owner was overjoyed that we had found their dog. The flyer said that he was last seen at 3:00 on Sunday and so from their an hour later that dog made its way down to us. I know the kids were hoping we would keep it(that wasn't happening), but they were happy the dog was were it belonged.

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

Come on Melissa
get a dog for Christmas the kids would love it.