I wanted to start spending more time with the kids lately. So this week since we got a lot of snow again I encouraged the kids to play in the snow since it also gets them off their butts. (Isaac would play Lego Star Wars on the Wii all day if I let him). They played in the snow on Monday while I shoveled. They soon discovered that on the side driveway it was a sheet of ice running down the driveway and soon were sliding on their butts and bellies down it. The water from the rain gutter goes down the rock column and runs down the driveway and freezes, which makes it like an ice rink on that side all the time when it snows in the winter. So then on Tuesday I took them sledding on the hill down the street. Of course while they were waiting for me to be ready to go they slid on the driveway ice some more. (The new green area on the corner of Regatta and Bayshore Dr. has a decent hill to sled on.) Then Wednesday it was snow clothes again, but this time I told them that we had to just play in the front yard. The sun melted the ice off the driveway so I built them a snow hill at the top of the slope of the grass. We've done it before and it makes a fun sledding hill in your own yard. This time I did get out the camera and got shots to remember it all.
Thursday, January 8
Sledding Fun
I wanted to start spending more time with the kids lately. So this week since we got a lot of snow again I encouraged the kids to play in the snow since it also gets them off their butts. (Isaac would play Lego Star Wars on the Wii all day if I let him). They played in the snow on Monday while I shoveled. They soon discovered that on the side driveway it was a sheet of ice running down the driveway and soon were sliding on their butts and bellies down it. The water from the rain gutter goes down the rock column and runs down the driveway and freezes, which makes it like an ice rink on that side all the time when it snows in the winter. So then on Tuesday I took them sledding on the hill down the street. Of course while they were waiting for me to be ready to go they slid on the driveway ice some more. (The new green area on the corner of Regatta and Bayshore Dr. has a decent hill to sled on.) Then Wednesday it was snow clothes again, but this time I told them that we had to just play in the front yard. The sun melted the ice off the driveway so I built them a snow hill at the top of the slope of the grass. We've done it before and it makes a fun sledding hill in your own yard. This time I did get out the camera and got shots to remember it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
We have the same kind of driveway. The kids loved sledding down it. Looks like you guys have been having fun!
Thats a good idea going sledding down your driveway. I haven't taken my kids sledding yet. Maybe soon.
Your kids look like they had fun too. And yes I hope it snows more, my kids love to be outside when it does and it is so fun to watch them enjoy the weather everybody else seems to hate. I love it!!!!
Looks like they had tons of fun, I am going to have to take Ella next time it snows a bunch.
Fun stuff...you are a cute mom!
Post a Comment