Tuesday, December 30

The end of another Christmas

It's once again the end of another Christmas and start of a new year. It always makes you think about the things you did right and the things that you didn't that need fixing. It seems the list is a little long on the fixing part this year, but looking back it's been memorable and fun. I made a movie of pictures to music of the moments of 2008 for our family, and it was amazing to see all of the things we did and how much we changed in one year. Christmas is a good way to end the year though. It helps you think of what is most important which is Christ and family. I hope you all have a good start to a happy and memorable new year.

It's always hard for me to take down the decorations not because I don't want Christmas to end, but because my house always looks so bare afterwards. I love to decorate for Christmas, but once it's over I don't leave them up too long. I was putting away the decorations yesterday and I needed to throw away the gingerbread house. The silly light bulb went off in my head remembering someones blog where they tested how strong their gingerbread house was by stacking large book after book on top before it finally crumbled from the weight. I thought, I wonder if it's strong enough to hold me. So I got on the counter and kneeled on the house and I have to say that it held for close to 5 seconds. That's pretty strong considering that's at least 130 pounds (I'm not telling the exact weight).

Here is the crushed remains. It's my metaphor of starting over for the new year and make it better.

4 comments:

john and amber said...

What a darling family picture! I also love the snowboarding pics and all of your recent posts. So cute! I'm glad your family had a nice Christmas, and here's to 2009! Also, good choice on your new blog background...I picked the same one today on ours. Great minds think alike! :)

Laurie said...

i love the fact that you didn't just try books on the ginger bread house but that you thought to stand on it yourself!! that is so awesome!! it sounds like something i would do :) have a happy new year

Jen said...

What a great picture! That is so funny that you kneeled on the house! Hope you guys have a Happy New Year! Crazy it is almost 2009!

Aceneth Warner said...

I love your Christmas picture, you guys look great.