I made a special invite on the computer that was worded about the sith seeking Isaac for his "abilities in the force". It was way cute. Everything went well with time. We started with coloring a Star Wars picture while we waited for everyone to arrive. Of course I had the main theme music playing for most of the party. Once everyone was done everyone sat in a circle while we talked about what a Jedi does, then they got their outfits. I made the cream colored tunics that Jedi's wear with a brown belt. The first thing in training was learning how to use the force. We went outside and they all had a turn concentrating to open the garage door. They loved that part and days after thought that they would still be able to do it. The next game was asteroid hunt and the force says.
Next was weapons training where they used sticky darts in Isaac's nerf guns to shoot at a picture of Darth Maul and a strom trooper taped on the outside of the back doors. Next was hot thermal detonator (blinking toy to pass around like hot potato). Then we gave pointers on light saber fighting by showing a clip of the end of Episode 1 of the end fight against Darth Maul. Then they got their chance with their light sabers that I found online for $2 a piece + shipping and played keep up the balloon with their sabers to learn agility. I told them we had some droid spies at the party and they needed to find them. There were droid heads that I had drawn and taped them all over the room for them to find.
Then came the death star pinata to break. After they had gotten the candy from the pinata I came in dressed as Darth Vader with the Imperial March playing in the background and fought them. I borrowed a cool darth vader voice changing helmet from the Millers with a black cape and clothes with my boots. It was awesome. I would show video, but for some reason nobody filmed that part. They then got a Jedi training certificate and then it was just presents and cake. The cake was a chocolate cake that I made and put 2 of Isaac's Star Wars guys on top. The best part it seemed though wasn't the cake, it was the yoda soda with it that they all loved.
All in all it was a great party and was a lot of fun.




6 comments:
How cute are you!? I love the creative idea's...I might have to copy a few in the near future, my kids LOVE star wars. How fun, I'm sure Isaac will have memories of this birthday forever.
Jr. Jazz is coed at Maddie and Jaden's age, I'm not sure when they split it into girls teams and boys teams. My niece, who is 10 plays and she is on an all girls team:)
You are so creative!!! My goodness, I just take my kids out to dinner and take them shopping. Happy Birthday Isacc!!!
What an awesome party! I'm impressed that you'd go to so much work.
Wow, you did a great job with his party. The outfits are cute, it looks like they had tons of fun too.
jaren had a blast at the party. he came home telling me about the garage thing and even tried it at our house!! it was really cute. thanks for inviting him to the party!!
What a fun mom you are...and so creative! Looks like the party turned out great!
Post a Comment