Friday, May 29

Camp Eight

Maddy turned 8 years old on May 9th. She had a camping theme to her birthday party. I wanted it to be something memorable for her to think back on, so it was a big party like usual. It was easier this year because as the kids get older the less involved with the games you are as in me. We were going to roast hot dogs in the fire pit, but the fire was taking too long to get ready, so I grilled them. The kids had dinner and played statues in between activities.

The invitation was all about coming to Camp Eight(since she was turning 8 obviously) and had a campfire on the front. So at camp you usually do a craft so I had them paint a small terra cotta pot. Thank goodness for cheap plastic tablecloths. The tablecloth itself looked like a painted masterpiece.

Maddy opened her presents and got the one thing she asked for which is a ripstick. Luckily for me it was on sale at Toys R Us.


Then we sang Happy Birthday and had some dirt cake (frosted chocolate cake with crushed oreos and gummy worms sticking out) and made smores.

As it started to get darker the real fun ensued. I gave all of the girls bandannas with Camp Eight on them and they were all playing around in the yard while John set up a projector outside to watch a movie. We decided to put in the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert on. It was loud with the girls dancing and singing along. I gave them all a glow bracelet and Averie cut hers open so then of course everyone else wanted to break theirs too which they did. It looked like a crazy party with all 13-14 girls putting the glowing liquid on themselves and the patio. It was the longest party I've ever done. It went from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. In the end it wasn't as hard to clean up either though since most of it was outside. Next year will definitely be a small party.

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a fun party. We did a camp party for Paige this year also. I loved planning it - and it's always nice when everything is outside.

Jen said...

Now, that's my kind of party! Happy Birthday, Madison! Wow...these kids really do grow up way too fast. When will she be baptized? Wish we could be there for that...Glad to hear you are all doing well!!! :)

Elder Arnold said...

What a fun party. You do such a good job planning them with a theme.