Tuesday, June 2

Maddy's Baptism


Maddy was baptized on May 16th. I couldn't believe the day had come. It seemed like the time passed so quickly. She was so happy, smiling, and excited that day. She looked so beautiful and grown up in her white dress. You could tell she felt good and happy afterwards. After she recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost by her dad and relatives she jumped up and gave big giant hugs to those in the circle and then just a hand shake to Bro. Wilson which was funny. I am so proud of her and her decision to get baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday saints. She's excited because now she's old enough to go to the temple dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain temple in August.
Also Maddy loves soccer. For her baptism she would have to miss her game. At first she was sad about it, but later as her baptism got closer she was remarkably okay with missing it. She knew what was most important and there will always be soccer games. I have to say it is a different feeling being a parent of a child that has been baptized. You are constantly teaching them as they grow older to 8 and now that she has made one of the first big choices I realize that the continuation of teaching with Maddy is different. Probably because now she is accountable now for her own mistakes. It's hard to explain. I am just so thankful for Maddy and love her completely and hope she continues to be a good example for her siblings.


4 comments:

john and amber said...

What a sweet post, Melissa. I got totally choked up. I'm sure it is such mixed emotions having your first child turn 8.

Congratulations Maddy on your baptism day! And congrats to Isaac on his preschool graduation...he's such a cutie.

Betsy said...

I can't believe she is eight already. Her white dress is so cute, sad we had to miss it.

Elder Arnold said...

Love the pictures.

Aimee said...

She is such a sweet girl. When school was in, she always would say hi to me, I thought that was so cute! Congrats Maddie on your special day!