Well it sure has been crazy lately with the new member of our family. I was expecting things to go as planned like the other kids births, but Kaiden wanted to make his entrance memorable I guess. I got in to be induced and we were finally there ready for pushing, but like the others he was stuck and needed to be turned a little so my doctor got the vaccuum. Well to get to the point, once his head butted against my pelvis his head swelled and even with the vaccuum he wasn't coming out. My doctor let me try 2 more times after that and said that I needed to have an emergency c-section.
I have to say that a c-section is a wierd experience. Being numb from the chest down made me sleepy. You can feel the pulling and tugging when they take the baby out. The unfortunate part is even 5 1/2 weeks later I'm still healing.
As for Kaiden after they weighed him and stuff, they realized that he had broken blood vessels causing blood to swell under his scalp from the fractures. As you can see from his pictures, his poor little head is swollen.
So because of his bleeding and needing to get it under control, he was transferred to IMC in murray in the NICU. I was still back at Alta View with no baby. The first night was a little scary since because of the loss of blood Kaiden had a blood transfusion. After multiple tries they couldn't get an IV started in his hands so they ended up doing it through his ambillical stump. Luckily I did well enough that I was able to be discharged after the 2nd day and went straight to the other hospital to see him. Although I over did it on walking too much instead of resting. My feet and ankles were so swollen. I joked that they looked like frodo feet without the hair. His swelling stopped mainly by then and was then there to be under the phototherapy lights from all the dead blood that turns into billirubin. Once his numbers of the billirubin decreased under the lights they let him go home. He was born on a Wed. and came home the following Monday.
He is doing great now and doesn't show any ill effects from the birth he had. We are so glad he is here in our family. The kids love him to death and Kaiden will never have a lack of love with his siblings around. Here are the pics of the day he came home which was the first time the kids saw him. The rules at the NICU is no one under 14 can come in there during RSV season.




7 comments:
He's so precious. I'm glad to hear things are going well. C-sections definitely sound rough to me... I hope you're beginning to feel like yourself again.
I didn't know you updated.
Cute pic of you holding Kaiden. Were so happy that everything is alright now and you and baby are doing great.
Welcome to the c-section club.
Scary start to life...poor guy! Congrats! He is darling, just like your other 3!
He is SO adorable! He must be a strong spirit to have to go through all that just to get into this world :) What a sweetie. We're so glad that all turned out well, and I hope you are starting to feel better now. Congrats on #4!
We are so happy that everything turned out good. You and your sweet baby were in our prayers. BTW..He is so cute!!!
Oh man, what a cutie! Glad everything turned out ok! Never a dull moment with these kiddos:) Congrats to you and your cute family!
Oh Melissa..he is beautiful. I am sorry to hear how stressful it all was. Glad it turned out ok and you are all well. I remember when you had your first and visiting you then:) Congrats and HUGS to you!
Post a Comment