We went to a local pumpkin patch in Tooele that we've gone to the last 2 years before to pick pumpkins. It's always fun, but are a little over priced especially for what seemed to be the last pickin's. I think next year we'll try Macey's. Despite the weeds making your legs itch it is still fun to walk around trying to find your pumpkin, then getting a ride back on a trailer pulled by a tractor.
So when it comes to Halloween, it seems lately that there always has to be a costume that is made. Maddy wanted to be a dead punk rocker with her friends Parker and Mia. Sarah was brain washed by me to be a cat and wear the warm cat suit we already had. Kaiden was a dragon, wearing the suit that everyone except Sarah has worn on their first Halloween. Then comes Isaac, he likes Super Mario Bros, but did he want to be Mario? No. He wanted to be Toad. Luckily I found a relatively easy way to make a toadstool hat and made some white pants(first ones ever sewn by me) and vest to go over a tan shirt since really the character Toad has a bare chest with the vest, but I don't think that would work too well. I tried to see if I could find white sweat pants, but apparently no one wants to wear white sweat pants because they don't exist at least at Walmart. All in all the kids looked great and the work is always worth it. I dressed up as Rosie the Riveter and I actually got John to dress up a little as a WWII pilot. Another fun thing is we were in on a secret plot for Cassi's boyfriend Devin to propose to her. At the beginning of our trick or treating we had Devin at one of the neighbors houses dressed up and had the ring box in the treats and told her there was a special treat for her and he quickly took off the mask and robe and got down on one knee and proposed.(We have it on video) Then the kids took off and enjoyed getting as much candy as possible.




1 comment:
Oh my gosh....I adore your costume...soooo cute. And btw...i just might steal that baby of yours...those eyes are killin me:)
Post a Comment