Monday, December 29

Snow fun


Since there was a big snow storm on Christmas Day we decided to go sledding the day after. There is a elementary school in Tooele that has a big hill to go down. Here we are a little jipped when it comes to sledding hills in the neighborhood. We brought Maddy's snowboard so that she could practice a little since she only got to go once to an actual ski resort last year when she got the board. I brought mine too since I've been itching to use it, even if it's a small hill for me and have to keep strapping and unstrapping my bindings.

The kids had fun going on the sleds down the hill.
Sarah loved it and said "again" with a smile. Isaac was the one that pooped out first. I thought it would be Sarah but I think since her hands stayed warmer than the year before she kept playing.


It was funny because she started just snow crawling up the hill. We were wondering what she was doing, but we didn't care as long as she was having fun.

Maddy did well on her board. John does better at teaching than me though. A couple kids made a jump and John taught me what to do so you don't fall on your butt, which is usually what happens to me when I attempt a jump. It was fun! I landed my first real jump without falling and also one with a small grab (Awesome!) I can't wait to go to Brighton and actually go on a real run. I didn't get to go snowboarding at all last year so I hope that I get to a couple times this season.

3 comments:

Jen B. said...

Melissa, you go girl, love the air picture. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the day of sledding and boarding in the cold snow as we enjoyed sunny skies in Cali. We wished you guys were with us.

Aimee said...

How fun. I have seriously never been snowboarding/skiing! And yes, I have lived in Utah my whole life, I know pathetic! Jaden and Cory like to snowboard, and I'm dying to try it. With a new baby, I prob. won't get out this year either!! Maybe next! I like your new pics. and your little Sarah is so cute helping you in the kitchen. She is getting too big. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!

Tanielle said...

Great jump! I love snowboarding! I haven't gone for a long time, but I have tried to keep up skiing! Skiing is a lot easier when you are taking a 3 year old. That's when I started taking Matayia! This year I'll have to sit out, being preg. Maybe next year, and maybe without the kids, my snowboard is collecting dust in the basement. So sad.