Monday, December 8
The wonderful scent of fresh gingerbread
We made a family gingerbread house this year. Thanks to my friend Kelly, I had a wonderful recipe for gingerbread and made it from scratch. I can't say that I like to eat gingerbread a whole lot, but I do love the smell of fresh baked gingerbread. It is definitely one of the signature scents of Christmas that is hard to copy in a candle. Cinnamon or cinnamon apple is still my most very favorite scent of the season. It was a little chaotic with little hands grabbing while I prayed that the pieces wouldn't break. Somehow it all worked out though, but I think Maddy and Isaac ate more candy than they put on the house. Hopefully it can start to be a tradition every year. Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
l have to get that recipe from you. I would love to try to make one from scratch just so I could have that smell in my house.
It looks great. I am so not there yet. I would love to have my house smell like that though, but not if I have to make it.
Looks yummy. Has Maddy eaten all up yet? Our computer finally works, Jared and I were going crazy at first, then we just found other things to do. The tree looks great, sounds like you had a great time at festival of trees.
So fun!! We love that tradition!! I'm finally finding your blog!! I'm adding you to my list!!
Post a Comment